Reproducing a Book Cover

A friend of mine asked me to do a painting of the cover of a book that her daughter has written and published. 
The original book cover is a photograph, but she wanted it reproduced as a painting to give to her daughter for Christmas. 
This was not my favorite thing to do because it was copying something that someone else had originally done and therefore lacked creativity for me.  But it was a challenge to duplicate the colors and the effects of the light, which kept it interesting.  Plus I love my friend and knew how much it meant to her. 
In the photo below, the book on the left is the real book, the one on the right is the painting that I did for her.  
 For more information on the book written by Kelley Latta, visit
Kelley Latta Ministries. 

Comments

Popular Posts