Still Alive

Yes, I am still alive!
It has been a while since I last posted on the blog but that's because it has been a while since I last painted.  yikes!!
I haven't been in the studio (where I belong).  I'm not sure that I like Christmas anymore.  I mean I love what Christmas means and I love the time that I spend with others, but it's the busy part that doesn't hold joy for me anymore....shopping, cleaning, decorating, cooking, wrapping, running around like a nut, etc. 
Because after the New Year, I am back running around and un-doing all those things that I did before Christmas; un-decorating, exercising to take off my body what all the cooking put on, cleaning again, back in the stores exchanging, etc. 

It's not that I am a Grinch or Scrooge because I really do still love the people part.  Making cookies with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter, one day shopping and ornament making with my sister, doing crafts with the kids next door, going to Church on Christmas Eve and having everyone over for dinner on Christmas, those are the parts that I love.  It is all the stuff in between that makes it all so crazy.

I made these little snowmen with the kids that live next door to me, they did a fantastic job on theirs. 

This is a batch of glass ornaments that my sister and I painted and decorated

Passing down the cookie traditions to my sweet girls
In the midst of all this I finalized the books that I was working on and I ended up selling two paintings at the Newburyport Art Association Show! 
Next week I plan to walk through a simple still life on this blog....From setting it up to the final brush stroke.  Check back and see how it goes for me after such a longggggg painting break. 
Happy New Year, welcome to 2016!    :)  Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts