Realism Painting - Country Wedding with Hydrangea

I have been working on this painting for a long time.  I am close to being finished and am dying to share it.
It's a larger size than I usually paint on, 14 x 18, which is probably why it has taken so long.  The bigger the size, the more detail that is seen.

Here are some progression photos


And here are some close ups of the various elements in the painting now:




I was going to do a monochromatic white painting at first. Then I decided that I would use a color table cloth so the colors would bounce around and reflect on the white elements.  And of course, I love using textiles that have fold ridges in them. (no need to iron....)
This still life makes me think of a country wedding.
Time to finish this.   :)  Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts