Frosting Swirl Cupcake Realism Painting



I love creating art that brings joy and cupcakes are perfect subjects for happiness. 

It was during a visit to Eat Cake Bakery in Newburyport, MA that I fell in love with cupcakes. Their cupcakes are super yummy but are also little works of art.  I'm sure you have noticed that quite a few of these little treasures have been the subject of a painting for me.  

this is my latest -


In this painting, looking down on the cupcake brings the focus on the frosting instead of the entire cupcake. My goal was to recreate the swirl and ripple of the frosting as the raspberry, which is blended mainly on one side begins to melt into the buttercream. The cake’s liner has crisp, sharp edges but then disappears into the dark drama of the background. Part of the popularity of my cupcake paintings is the realism factor.   This painting is currently on display and for sale at the Newburyport Art Association's Gallery.

:)  Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts