Still Life Painting - "Jingle Bell 2"

I became so enamored with the first little jingle bell that I painted that I repositioned the bell and painted another one.  Vic said that he likes the position of the light and shadows in this one.  He is becoming quite a helpful critic for me.  I can't say that I always agree with him, but I love hearing his opinion and see his creative "eye" developing. 
 This little bell will be at the Newburyport Art Association's (NAA) Holiday Show, November 28 - December 24.  (Or at least I hope it will, it has to pass the jury process first.) 

Then I went on to finish the painting that I was working on for the NAA Holiday Season Postcard Show.  If this painting is purchased all proceeds will go to the NAA.  These paintings are all the same size, 5 x 7, and the price is set the same on all of them.  Rather reasonable too, so if you want to own a piece of artwork for a great price, this is the show for you. 


Here's what my palette looked like when I was done.  

Comments

Popular Posts