Art Challenge Week 8: The Letter H - Hats

This week the letter H is for Hats.   I had to build this painting by piecing things together which I don't really like to do.  I prefer to paint what I see for myself in real time or at least take my own photo. I can achieve more realism that way (you all know how much I like realism, lol)
 First I searched for some photos of wood panel to create the wood wall.  The focal point hat is one of mine so I was able to paint what I saw there, the way the light fell on the hat, and I didn't need to use a found photo.
But when I finished the painting it looked boring and uninteresting.  So I decided that to add interest I would have to put two other hats on either side of the focal point hat.
I added them in trying to keep in mind where the light is coming from and where the shadows fall.  The two others are there but they are not there, just the suggestion that the wall is full of hats.  See photo below.    When I look at it I keep thinking "a rose between two thorns."
See you next week.....   :)  Tracy

 12 x 16 acrylic on canvas.  

Comments

Popular Posts