Shabby Chic Pumpkin & Gourds - Chalky Paint by DecoArt

The Shabby Chic look that is created using Chalk paint is so HOT right now.  So I decided to see how that look would translate for Fall.  Here are my Shabby Chic Pumpkin and gourds. 


Here's how I did it!

I bought faux gourds and a pumpkin at a local craft store.  I cleaned them off to get any loose debris off of them. 


Using Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint, I simply painted them.  These paints don't require any special sealer, so I just brushed the paint colors on to them. They took 2 coats.  


The curved gourd was a red color and when I applied the paint, the red bled and smeared into the paint, but after the second coat it covered up.  However, the chalky paint reacted with that red dye and a little bit of crackle occurred. I happened to like it so I am happy with my results.  (If you don't like the crackle, then I recommend applying a sealer before painting.)
When dry apply Americana Decor Creme Wax.

Finally I added a little lace on two of the stems.
They are not your average gourds!!  

They seem like a cross between Summer and Fall, perfect for this time of year.    :)  Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts