Art Challenge Week 11: The Letter K

Who doesn't love Ketchup??
Well, actually, Me. 
No, I'm not a fan of Ketchup, I don't use it very much.  Every now and then I will put it on a cheeseburger but that's about it. 

However, I did like painting Ketchup for Week 11. 
"Ketchup" on the easel

"Ketchup"  8 x 10 Acrylic on Panel
  The real challenge for this 26 week challenge is getting a painting done with the amount of detail that I like within the one week timeframe.  Between teaching art and watching my grand kids, I really only have about 16 hours each week to devote to my own painting.  I have had to learn to let go of some of the perfection that I like and allow these challenge paintings to be more "organic" feeling (just like the ketchup).   So, whether that's good or bad I'm not sure,  but I really am learning something through this..   :)  Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts