The Ugly Stage & Art Juried into NAA Show

I liked the antique coffee cup that I bought so much that I included it in another still life painting.  I'm having a lot of fun interpreting the reflections from the shiny cup and spoon and thought I would show you how this painting began.  (the ugly stage)  Sometimes the ugly stage takes a long time to push through and I wonder if I will get it to where I want it to be.   As you can see, this one made it through.  :)



On another note....below is my painting titled "Tomatoes on a Ledge".    It is acrylic on panel 15 x 27.
I finished this painting to enter into the Newburyport Art Association's Members Fall Show.    I am happy to report that it went through the jury process and made it into the show!
This show will be open October 30 - November 21 at the NAA gallery.
Here's a sneak peak at the painting (keep in mind, the real thing is much nicer.)  

I have to get back to the easel, I have a gift to finish!    :)  Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts