Paint a Memory

 When I visit another state or place that I haven't been to before, I seem to pay more attention to the landscape and all surroundings.  For instance we recently visited northern Maine and I saw trees that I hadn't noticed in New Hampshire before.  That may be because they don't grow here or it may be because I am more curious or relaxed enough to observe my surroundings more.  Either way, I enjoy illustrating what I see in my travels.  I am reminded of Psalm 19:1 "The heavens tell of the glory of God; and their expanse declares the work of His hands."  Also Psalm 95:4-5 "In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him.  The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land." (NASB)  Everything that I experience reminds me of Him and His creation causes me to want to create in my way.  When I'm in Florida I see beaches, shells, colorful bungalows, Hibiscus flowers and more.  When I'm in New England I want to paint mountains, lake scenes, campfires, etc.   

 

Below is a sampling of my New England series Watercolor DIY card kits.  I just added some new designs: campfire, camper, and covered bridge which can be seen in my webstore.  Something fun to do while on vacation and display in a 5 x7 frame as a memory or paint and send to a friend in another state.  

I:


Comments