Fourth of July Fireworks

Fireworks!!
          Fireworks     11 x 14 Acrylic on Canvas

This painting is a cross between mixed media and realism. I used texture paste and a comb to create the background on the canvas. There is a lot of texture there. Then I painted the canvas with a dark blue and layered paint on top of the blue by dragging other colors over the texture. I ended with metallic copper and gold on the top.
Once the background was in, I painted the flag in a semi-realism style.
I wanted to incorporate the metallic elsewhere in the painting so I added the metallic copper in the highlight of the red stripes, making them shine.  Then I used it again to create the bursts of fireworks.
 
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?


Ready for the 4th of July.  Happy Independence Day!!   :) Tracy   
TracyMeolaFineArt.com

Comments

Popular Posts